Friday 31 March 2017

Clothing wars with your 3 1/2 year old?


There is nothing that I dread more than getting my daughter dressed in the mornings. For the last month the only thing she wants to wear is her Disney princess dresses and a few shirts that have tutu's on them. The same goes for pajamas, she only wants to wear two sets which are Elsa and Cinderella. Pants, underwear, and shoes don't seem to be a huge issue. I know this is a common phase, but it's becoming a fight every morning for her to wear any other clothes. She starts throwing a fit and saying she won't look pretty, and that she wants to be Elsa because she doesn't like herself! I have always given her positive motivation, telling her how pretty she is and how smart/creative she is so I'm not sure where this is coming from. Honestly, this might be partly my issue because I don't mind her wearing the same outfits at home but I feel embarrassed when we go out and she's wearing the same outfit for the 5th day in a row (washed of course.) I've tried giving her choices, and made her feel in charge, but it's gotten to the point where I have to FORCE the clothes on her. Anyone else going through this? Should I try taking her shopping so she can pick out her own clothes? I hate that all of her nice clothes are just hanging in a closet not being worn but I'll do what I have to do. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2oIkJcm

No comments:

Post a Comment