Tuesday 28 March 2017

a part of my day that always makes me smile...


I like the theme of sharing positive stories so I'll share one of mine.My daughter is 16 months old and in daycare full time. Husband drops her off in the morning and I pick her up. I try to not be in a rush when I pick her up because I like to spend a few minutes chatting with her teachers. These people care for my kid 9 hours a day I want to get to know them and get feedback.So when I come in I usually kneel down and my daughter runs over to me and hugs, now that in itself is pretty great, but it gets better. Two of the other kids, the ones my daughter plays with most, are also very affectionate, as soon as they see me they run over and we all get a big group hug then my daughter hugs each of them as well. Yesterday I hug my daughter then she runs off to get a toy to show me and one of the other little girls comes up and starts pointing to features on my face (touching my hair, nose, mouth) and I name each for her and she says them back, it was very sweet. They also all go get toys and books to bring and show me. Its a big puppy pile for the 10 minutes or so I'm there. I think maybe the teachers think its odd that I interact with kids other than my own but whatever. I do pickup at a time when they are having 'open play' so I am not disrupting anything (I've also confirmed its okay that I'm touching the other kids).That's all, its just a time in my day that makes me smile. I hope anyone reading has a fantastic day! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2nI0M8e

No comments:

Post a Comment