Sunday 26 March 2017

2 year old won't listen unless I yell


I HATE that i'm basically turning into my mother. But he literally will not listen until you shout at him as loud as you can. For example, earlier today he climbed up onto the stove and grabbed a pizza cutter and ran towards his older sister with it acting like he was about to throw it at her. I told him to stop. Yelled at him to stop. Shouted as loud as I possibly could to stop (like it hurt my throat) and only then did he stop and set it back on the stove. This all happened in like 30 seconds or whatever while I stopped what I was doing so I could physically get to him.He is so different than my daughter was, she never would have climbed the stove and grabbed it in the first place, and as soon as I said "that's dangerous, it can cut you, will you please put it back?" she would have. No, not this kid. How do I get through to him without turning into momzilla? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2oiwrKN

No comments:

Post a Comment