Tuesday 28 March 2017

I keep loosing my temper with my toddler and I feel horrible about it. She just drives me nuts lately! What do you do when you start to loose it?


My daughter is 23 months old and she has been driving me up the wall lately and more often then not I am snapping at her. I am a stay at home mom so most of the day it's just me and her. My husband works 6am-6pm mon-fri(she goes to bed at 7pm) and works sat and sun most weekends(usually 6 hours both days)or if he doesn't he wants a break so I really never get a break since we have no close family and friends. I think this isn't helping the issue. Anyways lately everything is a struggle with her. She won't sit still to get dressed or get a diaper change and kicks and screams. She won't use the potty everytime(sometimes maybe 3-5 times a day) but refuses to put her diapers or a pull-up on and freaks and tries to rip them off everytime so she is always peeing on herself or the floor since I give up on the fight. And let her go naked in the house or just pants and no diaper. If I fight her she gets hurt because she flings herself into a wall or runs off and falls and hits her face. She won't eat her breakfast,lunch or dinner she just picks at it and is always saying she is hungry non stop and throws a fit when she doesn't get food asap(usually I give her what she didn't eat for her meals so that pisses her off even more so she throws it,awesome I know) it's a struggle every god damn day! She has started crying everytime I put her to bed(nap or night time)for a snack even if I just feed her and I offer her a healthy treat(like veggies) and she won't eat it so she's not hungry and screams for a hour before falling asleep. And I refuse to give her a treat at bedtime just no so she can scream. Everytime I get so mad I just can't help yell at her alot or slam the door hard and loose my cool. I also can't take her to the store anymore because she figured out how to unbuckle the belt and escapes the cart and almost kills herself by trying to jump from the cart or she yells down and screams the whole trip but won't hold my hand or listen when she walks and she grabs everything. So now I look like the horrible mom in the store with the brat kid who screams and whines and runs off. Awesome! I'm just so done and feel like I can't control her or do anything. I feel like giving up. Does it get any better. I'm so over this whole mom thing and I can't take it, and I know I need to relax alittle but it's so hard for me. How can I stop loosing my temper and not hate my daughter for her behavior? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2o81Tza

No comments:

Post a Comment