Sunday 26 March 2017

As a deadbeat father, how should I treat this situation?


Preamble(gives the insight but can be skipped. sorry if it's long- it's been building up for quite awhile): Two years ago we got divorced. I was devastated and even though I tried to save our marriage my ex wife wouldn't want that. Especially after I discovered she was cheating on me big time. I tried to take my own life but didn't have the guts and in the end I've changed my mind as I didn't want my daughter to see it as an option or example in her future life. Like I do since two of my grandparents did this. I moved to another country and started a new life. Now I have stable salary and some future prospects. I can provide for my daughter way better than I could've if I stayed. My ex has switched to religion. Hardcore- she now wears a wig to cover her hair, only eats kosher, transferred my daughter to Jewish pre-k. She has also remarried to a kosher Jew and gave birth to a son. I have my doubts about her faith and reasons but the important part is that my 5 y.o. daughter now has ideas like I'm not her family and my relatives are not her family too. Since I'm not Jewish. And it's ok to keep secrets from me for the same reason.Fable: I skype with my 5 y.o. daughter every weekend and it's always been fun- I draw her pictures, show cartoons, we read books, play - I try to entertain her as best as I can through Skype. But this weekend I was told for whatever reason in the beginning of our conversation that she has two dads(I heard that she calls her father in law dad before, I don't like that and I told her that) and that her other dad is better than me. She couldn't explain why and I thought it would be best not to push her.Now that I see it written in plain English it doesn't seem like a big deal. But is it? I keep thinking that my ex wants me as far away from my daughter as possible so I don't take her away from her when she grows up. Now it appears that they're trying to replace me with that step father guy. I don't know how to react to this. My daughter is the only reason I still breathe. Should I talk to my ex and tell her to not try and replace me with her new husband? Should I suck it up and keep going since she's only 5? Or because I left her? Or because it's just normal thing and I'm the only one hung up on it? It eats me from the inside. I ask for your advice.Disclaimer: I'm ok with tough love/hate, so don't restrain yourself on my account. Technically I'm not full deadbeat since I do pay child support. My ex never filed for court order since she was adamant I wouldn't evade it. I also pay for somewhat expensive stuff like private pre-k(I pay for my ex to brainwash my child, what an irony) and car seats etc. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2ojYERc

No comments:

Post a Comment