Tuesday 28 March 2017

Cute moment(s) with my daughter


Just wanted to share this.I'm a dad. My daughter is 11 months old. She's always been a "daddy's girl" and it totally melts my heart. I didn't have much of a father growing up (always out of state/U.S. for work), and I very much appreciate and enjoy the bond I share with my daughter.Whenever I come home from work, she crawls to me and hugs me for several minutes, absolutely refusing to be held by her mother or anyone else. When I'm around, she does not want to go to sleep. I work at night sometimes and she will refuse to go to sleep, waiting for me to get home and play with her. We don't mind, she doesn't whine or cry when tired, just baby talks especially loud and jumps around, trying to wake herself up.She's learned to get off our bed (we lowered it substantially) and the couches to go and chase our dog, who she now calls by her name, "Daisy" (more like "zee" for our daughter).She doesn't stay latched all night anymore. She drinks some milk from her mama, then rolls over and goes to sleep. I never thought I'd see the day.. She keeps surprising me, though.She knows the following words: mom, dad, dog, yum, clap, and Daisy. She makes kissing noises (muuuah!) and smacks her lips. She'll lean in and do it to her stuffed animals and Daisy, our toy poodle. She knows how to clap along to "If You're Happy and You Know It". She makes my wife or myself clap by pulling our hands together until we sing "Pat-A-Cake".I'm just so damn proud and happy. When I first found out we were having a child, I was pretty furious, honestly. Now, I couldn't imagine my life without her.One last thing..Just now, she woke up crying, sat up, looked for me (through tons of sleepy eye rubbing), and crawled over. She laid down on my chest and whimpered a little. When she was calmed down, she went back to her mom and went back to sleep. That's locked away in my memory forever.I love this little girl more than anything. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2ocNnmL

No comments:

Post a Comment