Friday 31 March 2017

Single dad, need some advice


I am a single (new to this part) dad (not so much this part) to two daughters. My oldest is about to turn 10 this summer and switched schools this January when I separated from my wife who now lives about 1500 miles away). My daughter is the type that wants to have everyone like her (working on this), while my advice is more along the lines of if they don't like you, hang out with people who accept you for who you are. I've been a stay at home dad for almost her whole life and so her interests are more along the lines of Pokémon and video games and stuff like that. She's been kind of emotional the past few weeks (I figured it was divorce stuff, but I am thinking it's the time I've been fearing since I found out I was having girls) but yesterday I found out that she has been getting advice from the "cool girls" at school about what to change when it came to her style. She normally likes to wear comfortable clothes and her Pokémon sweatshirt. They were telling her stuff like no leggings with skirts, tighter jeans (she does like her very baggy jeans) and booty shorts (I'm proud of her, she wanted no part of these). I'm a guy and my definition of style is normally jeans and a t shirt but I think she is ready to move on towards more stylish clothes. At least that's what she is asking me for.So my question is basically what should I do.I've taken her shopping and let her pick out her own clothes the past few times we've gone, but she has my style (poor girl). I've thought about taking her out with a friend of hers and having them shop together while I do my daddy duty and hold purses. I also want to make sure her new style is appropriate.Thanks. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2nSXpLJ

No comments:

Post a Comment