Sunday 26 March 2017

When did your kids become fun?


I'm a SAHM and my husband is working this weekend so it's just me with my 1 year old and 2.5 year old boys. We have dug in the dirt, played in the sandbox, splashed some cars in the water table, read two books, and built a tower out of blocks this morning. They're a bit too young for imaginative play and obviously language skills are a hindrance (aside from my 2.5 year old wanting to jump like a frog) so we aren't quite at the level where an activity can hold their attention for longer than 15 minutes. Plus my toddler wants to do everything his way and than can't do something and ends up screaming and storming off. They also don't play together yet. I'm super lucky to be at home with my kids and I love them dearly, but oh man, it's one of those days where I'm bored out of my mind and time is dragging. So I wanted to ask (so I can daydream), when did your kids become fun? I keep hearing 4-5 years old they become fun and more independent. Is that about right? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2o6L7gA

No comments:

Post a Comment