Wednesday 29 March 2017

Teachers suddenly fired from daycare, all details "confidential"


I just posted this on r/legal, but also wanted to see if anyone here has run into any similar issues and could offer insight.My son has been going to this daycare for a while now, and we all love it. He's in a class of 2-3 year-olds, ratio is 10:2. One day (in the middle of the week, midday), an email was sent out by administration that BOTH of my kid's teachers were terminated suddenly, and they're working on hiring replacements. I was one of several parents at the front desk asking questions after work that day. All they said was that my child was not involved in anything related to the matter, and they couldn't disclose any more details until their whole investigation was settled. Then they'd get back to us when they were able to tell us more. A few weeks later, no word, so I ask again. Admin said "I assure you that [child] was not involved in anything that happened, but all other details are confidential". Is there some policy/law protecting that information? I don't need/want to know the names of other people involved, I just want to know what happened in my kid's classroom to have both of his teachers fired suddenly in the middle of the day. Any kind of context. Maybe I'm just feeling that "protective parent" thing, but it seems like information I should be able to know since my kid is still in that class. Even though the issue was taken care of, and I'm glad they acted quickly, I still want to have some idea of what went down.Worthy of note: we've always been really pleased with this daycare and felt comfortable with our son being there. And he's always loved it. This was a huge surprise. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2o7am5i

No comments:

Post a Comment