Tuesday 28 March 2017

Unfair mom at the playground


This is more about other parents, I hope that's ok.In a play group with other moms and toddlers that my son and I attend, there's one mom who's really unfair, for lack of a better word. Since there's not a teacher or clear leader in the group, I don't have someone to complain to.Today, the kids were taking turns with a big ride-on toy at the playground. Her son is the oldest and usually grabs it first. She follows him around and makes sure he gets his "full turn." When the girl who got a turn after her son was on it, her son was pulling on it the whole time so the girl didn't really get to enjoy her turn.At snack time, the kids eat potluck style, sitting in a circle. A smaller boy (about 18 months) reached around her son (3+ years) to get something, her son hit him in the face! Instead of being horrified, she said "Hmmm. Do you need space?" Then literally blamed my son who was across the circle, about four kids away. "Oh, I think there's not enough space because [my son] is there." To make clear, my son was taking up very little space, was the first to sit down and there was several feet empty on the other side of him. It was utter BS!These were just examples from one day. She does this stuff every single time we meet! Always monitoring every other kid but then let her kid go wild, making sure her kid is fairly treated but then is unfair to everyone else. It's so selfish.Every other parent is really laid back but it must bother them. This mom is by far the oldest one in the group, so maybe no one wants to confront her? It seems like she should know better.I'm not sure what, if anything, to do. I need this group so I don't want to quit but I'm ​starting to hate this woman and dread seeing her. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2mOjfB0

No comments:

Post a Comment