Thursday 30 March 2017

Teenage girl taking care of teenage boys. OK?


My daughter is 16 and in the 10 grade. For several years she has been baby sitting and for a longer period a "mothers' helper". She is now, among other baby sitting duties, taking care of a 15 yo boy who is developmentally and physically disabled. On occasion (not often) that means helping him in the shower. Last summer she helped take care of extremely intellectually disabled boys and girls with ages up to 16. This meant bathing and changing diapers. She was assisting more experienced adults.This summer she will be working in a rehab facility, filling in for vacationing staff, caring for boys and girls who have been in rehab following accidents and surgery. That will involve, among other things, helping them bathe and dress. She will be assisting more experienced adults.She plans, during her senior year in HS, to take a CNA course and get certified, and then to go to nursing school.A friend of hers, who just turned 14, wants to follow in my daughter's footsteps. Her mother asked me if I thought it was OK for girls, 14 and up, to see naked boys who were "mature" (have been through puberty). I said that I had no problem with it in the caregiving context.I don't want to over emphasize the nudity part. That is a small part of my daughter's work and she is always with adult caregivers. However, it is what her friend's mother was concerned about. So my question is: is it OK for a 14 or 16-year-old girl (acting as a caregiver) to see a fully developed 16-year-old boy naked? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2odjDbZ

No comments:

Post a Comment