Friday 31 March 2017

My son loves dresses.


My five-year-old son is very artistic and loves beautiful things - dresses, long hair, jewelry, pink. We allow him to wear what he wants, and he has a selection of both "boys" and "girls" clothing. We want our main message to be that his clothing choices are fine with us and he's wonderful the way he is, but I still worry about the impact this will have on him socially. I've spoken to his teachers and they say that at this age, bullying and mean comments based on societal norms have not really occurred to them yet. This is music to my ears, but what about when they are older? My approach is just to watch him for signs that he's struggling and otherwise go with it. Am I missing anything that will set him up for success? Any similar stories? We live in a city in Ontario, Canada. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2nGn5Js

No comments:

Post a Comment