Friday 31 March 2017

Appropriate online chat/social games for tween...?


My daughter likes to play various online web games... just little arcade-y things like agar.io if you've heard of it.She recently started playing a new one that has the ability for players to chat with each other. In spite of us coaching her on keeping private information private, it's clear that she very much likes this chat feature, and we've caught her a few times giving out more information than we're (initially) comfortable with.I grew up in the heyday of IRC and AOL chatrooms, so I'm well aware of how great they can be, as well as how much of a cesspool they can be, and I'm not anxious for her to start chatting with strangers online yet.But are they are options for either heavily moderated or curated chat room or social games specifically for this age group? Or perhaps am I being overprotective in this regard? Any other thoughts? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2oHeWE5

No comments:

Post a Comment