Sunday 26 March 2017

What to do if my husband doesn't support our son's desire?


My older son (he's 8 years old) is playing a football. But few days ago he was crying and telling me that he really wants to take a ballet classes and he never liked to play the football. It took three days for me to pull myself together to tell my husband these news because I was afraid how he would react. I told him yesterday in the morning and it was a total disaster. He was yelling at me that our son will never dance "woman dances" and if we will let him he will become a gay (silly) etc. I stopped him right away and told that I will do my best to support my son, and that I will do anything to help him to fill up his dreams. My husband told me that he has nothing to talk with me anymore and now he's sleeping on the couch and not talking with me or my older son since yesterday. I really don't know what to do. I want to do anything for my kids to help them reach their dreams/goals but also I love my husband so much and couldn't understand what kind of beliefs he have that makes him feel uncomfortable about all this situation ;( via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2nXTzlH

No comments:

Post a Comment