Friday 30 August 2019

Zero waste public school


My son’s school is now “zero waste.” They are not composting nor are they recycling, they are just denying the children access to the trash can. All their lunch refuse must go home with them in their lunch box. They can throw away half eaten yogurts, apple cores, and banana peels only. Everything else stays In the lunch box to come home.They are doing this to save money on the trash service.I am unhappy and feel they are abusing the term, in addition to also denying my child basic services. I can use a trash can for free almost anywhere I go. Many days we have activities after school and an extra snack. It seems gross to put trash and used napkins in with your food for later. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2zvF9wG

No comments:

Post a Comment