Friday 30 August 2019

What do you tell your 4 year old who lost his friend in a tragic accident.. help..


Crossposted:We woke up to a text on Monday telling us that my son’s neighbor/ friend who’s younger than him had drowned in a pool on Sunday, and is on life support with no brain activity, which means at some point, the parents will have a very difficult decision to make.When we found out our world crashed. My S/O was his nanny.. I played ball and rode bikes with this kid and loved him like my own. We could not keep our composure upon finding out. We both instantly bawled. Through phone calls and us discussing it, our son knew something wasn’t right.. he didn’t see the boy on Tuesday, or Wednesday, or Thursday.. and he knows that his friend is sick.. but how do we tell him that his friend isn’t coming back?I think I’m asking this, because I don’t even know how to feel about it, or what to say myself.. it was senseless, and tragic, and I’m still trying to wrap my head around it. I haven’t talked to anyone else about it.. my wife is inconsolable right now, and understandably so. She was a big part of his life, as much as he was ours..I’m sorry for the rant, but I wasn’t sure if anyone else has had this issue before. Our son is mature for his age, is very empathetic, and can read our faces well enough to know something is really wrong.And I suppose my follow up question would be.. how young is too young to attend a funeral? I still can’t believe I even have to ask this.Thanks in advance for you time. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/32k6ApN

No comments:

Post a Comment