Saturday 31 August 2019

How to get our 2.5 year old sleeping in her own bed


Okay, so we were doing great up until Hurricane Irma a couple years ago, then with the power out and no A/C and lights for a while, she starting sleeping with us. Then life got busy, and we never got the time to retrain her to sleep in her own bed again. We kept kicking the can down the road and said we'd do it "eventually".Well... now is eventually. We are really trying. At first we tried to rock her until she's tired then put her down. She then wakes up immediately. I have to be physically holding her for her to fall asleep. If I get up and leave, she follows me out.... every...time. I am now sitting next to the bed, holding her hand every night until she falls asleep. Then I sneak out. The problem with this is, when she wakes up at 1 am, 2 am, 3 am, whenever, she can't go back to sleep by herself. I feel like we've tried everything. She's just a wonderful happy little girl, but this part is just so difficult.It would be great to get our nights back. Any help from those that have gone through this would be appreciated. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2HCXiNE

No comments:

Post a Comment