Friday 30 August 2019

My daughter is afraid of a special needs kid who has hit her multiple times. The school isn’t doing anything about him because his father is the superintendent. I don’t know how to handle this, and I’m in desperate need of help.


Throwaway account because I don’t want this flooding my main account.My daughter is 14 years old. She is in the marching band with the superintendents son. They play the drum set and he is next to her.She’s complained to me several times that he is rude and hits her with drum sticks, and that the teacher won’t do anything to him cause he’s autistic.I called the school and got an appointment with the band teacher and the principal. They both assured me it wouldn’t happen again. She said he stopped for a couple days, and that the teacher even made him go away from her.It wasn’t long until I repeated all this.Eventually I learned that the kid is the child of the superintendent, who used to be a special ed teacher. He was even a teacher at her school.For the sake of being honest, I was never bullied in high school. I wasn’t exactly the coolest person but I never thought this stuff happened. If anything I was a huge dick, so I don’t know much about handling bullies.I’ve told her everything you possibly tell a child whose being bullied. Stand up to him, hit him back and don’t start it but finish it. She says she’s against it because he’s special.She’s so tired of him she wants to quit band.Tonight was the first football game of the season. I went and watched and was recording her play. I was so happy until I got on video, him touching her and aggravating her. I controlled myself and asked her while they where on the 3rd quarter break if what I saw was real.She told me it was.When we got home I was so fucking mad. I went and cooled off and came back and sat her down and asked her why she hasn’t stood up to this boy like her and I talked about doing.She told me she was afraid he’d hit her again and that it hurt a lot last time.I swear to god I’ve never been more mad in my life. Not at her of course, but at this fucking kid and parent and teachers who won’t do shit about this. I’m at the end of my rope. I want to haul off and beat the shit out of his father, which of course is terrible and would put me behind bars.I’m so angry and sad I don’t even know what to do. I can’t think straight. She’s off in bed and I’m pacing in the living room because I’m at my whits end. I’d like her to stand up to this kid and beat his teeth in one good time but she won’t do it. I don’t know how else to solve this.I’m thinking of writing an email and demanding something be done to the superintendent. I’ve got video evidence I’m going to send him. I don’t know what else to do.I’m sick of my daughter coming home and telling me he’s done something and if he does something in front of the entire field again, I don’t know how I’ll handle it.Please someone help me. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Looxwi

No comments:

Post a Comment