Saturday 31 August 2019

I told my daughter the truth about my drug use


My daughter is 10 years old and the topic of marijuana came up, I'm not really sure how. She then asked me if I have ever used drugs. I didn't want to lie to her and I told her yes. I currently do not do drugs and when I did it was very minor. I told her I smoked marijuana a few times in the past. I told her it is legal here (Massachusetts) but it's important to remember your brain is still developing until you're in your young twenties and smoking marijuana before then can cause issues.I tried to make it sound like alcohol. I didn't want to get into the medicinal use cause I didn't want to overwhelm her. I was just trying to keep in mind that it is legal, and trying to be realistic about her future exposure to it. I think I did the right thing with her about my past. I don't want her to ever feel worried about coming to me and I think if I lied and sounded stern I'd just be creating that cycle of the horrendous Just Say No and D.A.R.E program over again.So reddit did I do the right thing? Anything I should've changed? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2LhZlYj

No comments:

Post a Comment