Thursday 29 August 2019

The results came, and I'm such a ball of emotions right now


My 3 year old son, who is very difficult (difficult as in outside the range of normal kid stubbornness -- he has many very atypical behaviors), was tested for Aspergers, ODD, and ADHD recently. So, the results finally came. He was diagnosed with both Aspergers and ODD, but not the ADHD. I really don't know how to process this - I am just a ball of emotions right now. My son's been given labels which he will carry for the rest of his life and will effect how others view him. I have nothing against labels -- it's just that this is all so hard for me to process. I talked about this on the phone with the psychologist who tested him, and they said that they'll transfer him to all different kinds of therapists, like a feeding therapist and an OT alongside his current behavioral therapist. I know this will all work out for the best, but I still need support. How did you handle this transition, and do you have any good advice? Thanks in advance. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2MKxLpZ

No comments:

Post a Comment