Saturday 31 August 2019

First time parent and I'm terrified


Today, my wife and I had our first child, Orion. Beautifully healthy at 6lb 6oz and 18.5 in. We are now 13 hours postpartum and most of the excitement from earlier has finally wore off, I find myself staring at our new baby almost constantly, terrified at the idea that I may not be emotionally ready for what just happened. We now have a small tiny human being that requires us to do literally everything for him to survive. Every tiny noise begs my attention to make sure he is alright, every cry rings guilt inside of me because I feel like I'm not doing the right thing, I am downright scared to do anything for fear or doing something wrong. I have never felt this lost and afraid in my life. The thing about it is I know it's all in my mind but I can't shake or move past these thoughts and feelings. I'm hoping I just need to vent this out and that something will click because this is weighing heavily on my mind. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2zFRzSY

No comments:

Post a Comment