Tuesday 27 August 2019

My daughter likes to kill bugs


I wanted to let everyone know to start that I am taking my daughter to a counselor next week but I would like to hear what other parents have to say in the meantime.My 6 year old daughter has had a fascination lately with killing bugs. This morning she was playing with a Cicada on the porch (that my cat had caught and then injured it's wing) and then said it died. She came in, grabbed a steak knife, and started dissecting it. I thought it was a bit bizarre at the moment but tried not to overthink it. I thought it had died because of my cat but now I think she killed it with the knife and it wasn't already dead like she had told me.Then this afternoon, one of her neighborhood friends parents let me in on some information I wasnt aware of. I guess my daughter had told his daughter about how much she enjoyed killing things and about how once she dropped our cat on it's head and thought it was funny. He expressed his concern and said he's a bit hesitant to let our daughters continue to play together.I was taken quite aback by this but tried to remain calm like it wasn't completely horrific. But then I asked my daughter about it. She started talking so confidently. She stated "It makes me feel so good to kill bugs. I feel like I'm free, flying in the sky." I was speechless.I have no idea what's going on or why/how she could feel this way. The way she said that was so disturbing to me. I made it very clear no more killing things. She looked upset and said there is nothing else that could ever make her feel that way. I'm so worried.Any advice is beyond appreciated. Has anyone else been through anything similar? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2NDyx7B

No comments:

Post a Comment