Thursday 29 August 2019

As an introvert, I fear not having alone time to re-energize after having a child.


Is this a selfish thought? And what are your experiences as an introvert and parenting?I work 60+ hours a week right now, and the alone time I have is sparce. There is a noticeable difference in my personality when I don't have at least some alone time outside of work.My fiancé and her family are great, and they all respect my need for this time even as extroverts and being highly involved in each other's lives. They assured me that this time alone won't be an option (or at least very rarely) after having a child, and that's a scary thought to me. I guess I view this similar to the idea of putting on your own breathing mask on a plane before your child, but that might just be me trying to justify the situation.Don't get me wrong I am excited to be a husband and parent in so many ways, I just worry about my own mental well being and would love feedback on what to expect for those who have experience with this. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2LdgPVT

No comments:

Post a Comment