Friday 30 August 2019

Can't get it right


My dad recently moved down the road after getting divorced. It's the first time since I've been married that family is nearby. Been married 13 years, have a teenaged son, son in kindergarten, and baby daughter.I asked my dad to watch my middle child so my wife and I could go out for the first time in 13 years almost kidless to a dinner.He said yes. My wife reminded me his big dog bit the neighbor last month so I asked if the dog would be a problem.Rather then assure me everything would be ok, he seems to have taken offense and said he won't watch his Grand son.This is why I tiptoe around when talking with my dad, everything sets him off.This is why I never have my kids go anywhere without us. It's like it's a problem to have worries about safety.I'm just annoyed, sorry.Convo:Me: Can you watch [kid name] for a few hours tonightDad: Yes I canMe: Would be at like 5 or 6 I'm guessingDad: OK just let me knowMe: [Dog name] won't bite [kid name] rightDad: Has [dog name] bitten beforeMe: The neighbor guyDad: No I mean [kid name]Me: I don't think so. I just worry about my kids is allDad: Yeah you're right, maybe I shouldn't babysit himMe: Oh. Ok then via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Pq50kF

No comments:

Post a Comment