Wednesday 28 August 2019

I was pro spanking until I became a mom


She is 7 months old and absolutely perfect. She has started throwing fits and is getting a mind of her own. She bit me lightly the other day when she was crying in my chest and I just pulled her away. I was always told to flick them in the cheek when they do but I just can't.Even thinking about her hitting us, I can't fathom hitting back. My dad spanked me once when I was 3 for trying to hit another little girl but I don't remember it and was never struck or grounded after that. My parents were good about talking to me and my dad is intimidating when he yells so I knew when I messed up to not do it again (I also learned to not get caught).But talking to my sister today, I realized that it would break my heart to ever strike my baby and I never want to react in anger. I also read that with toddlers, discipline is best done with telling them what TO do instead of what NOT to do. My husband also agrees that there shouldn't ever be a reason to spank her and that makes me very happy. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2NChVgB

No comments:

Post a Comment