Wednesday 28 August 2019

Are chokers appropriate for a 13yo?


I recently began taking care of my 13yo sister. I've been pretty strict in some areas of her life, but up till now I've basically let her pick and choose her own clothing. As long as she is at least pretending to be modest, I'm cool with it. We were out shopping the other day and she wanted to buy a choker, it was a thin black fabric one with a little ring on the front.I told her I didn't want to buy it for monetary reasons, but truthfully something just seemed off to me. I was always under the impression that they were fetish items, but this one was marketed to kids. She has a history of acting out sexually, so I just want to make sure these are appropriate for someone her age. I've spoken to some female friends and got mixed reactions, and Dr Google seems conflicted too. I figure it can't hurt to ask here, are chokers appropriate for a young teen? Would you let your girl wear one? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2LjqYk2

No comments:

Post a Comment