Thursday 29 August 2019

When Mom becomes a kid.


So my mom is a 61 year old lady with a charm of her own. She hardly socializes with any one in the society we live in but she likes to sit in open so have made quite a few friends of her age and older. (I am an Indian and it is common for ladies her age to do this). So a group of old ladies had a plan to go to old temple by Bus yesterday but postponed it to today due to heavy rains. Now my mom also takes care of my niece when my sister is working. So she was already worried about leaving my niece for a day for this trip. We pushed her to go and she finally agreed. Yesterday night at 11, when we came from dinner, she was all tired yet excited for her picnic. She kept coming to my room for smallest of things asking questions and suggestions about which bag to take, or what snacks to pack for everyone. She was not able to sleep till 1-1:30 am and was just browsing her phone. She asked me to keep an alarm in her phone of 4:00 am; 2 hours before the scheduled departure which was proned to delay as it always happens. As a contingency i kept an alarm in my cell too.What i later realized that she was just excited for her picnic. She was just displaying behaviour which i used to show during my Picnics in primary school. Too excited for tomorrow. Too anxious to sleep the night before because you are scared to miss the bus. Too confused what to put in bag, which chewing gums and mint to pack and whether to keep an extra paur if there’s a lake there to enjoy. Too worried about alarm not buzzing on time. Repeatedly asking my parents to keep a buffer in case someone does not wake me up.Just. Too. Excited. About. Small. Things. In. Life. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Zy9byw

No comments:

Post a Comment