Tuesday 27 August 2019

2.5 year old vomiting non stop.


To make a very long story not that short.My 2.5 year old son has been vomiting non stop since the 17th of August. And has had horrible diarrhea since the 19th of August. He will vomit at least 4-5 times throughout the day. Usually at night, while asleep.We've been dealing with these vomiting spells since he's been about 1.5. where he'll vomit nonstop for a couple of days and then be ok. The first time this has happened, he vomited every 15 minutes throughout the night. I can count about 5 spells that have happened. During this he does NOT have a fever. This is the first time my son has had diarrhea though since he was a newborn.This diarrhea is just liquid. Foul smelling liquid. The diapers can't contain it and he'll be covered in it if I don't catch it in time. Usually 1-2 a day.We've been back and forth to the doctor's and they tell us it's completely normal and probably food poisoning. They did prescribe Zofran once but this time they told us he didn't need it. They won't re-see him until September.Now this is my first child. I'm clueless to the normal issues kids have but...this isn't right. Right?! This is drastically messing with our day to day life to the point we've had to cancel appointments/dates over it. He's hardly eating. He's been eating BRAT food to the point he's starting to reject veggies or proteins. I'm trying to keep him hydrated. He's lethargic and moody and doesn't want to read or play. The bed is covered in blankets. I've cleaned puke so much I literally want to die.My son has taken a daily probiotic/prebiotic since birth. He has a dairy allergy and we monitor his food. He doesn't eat junk or highly processed foods.We've given him Dramamine a few times and he'll sleep through the night without vomiting. We told the doctor and they told us that it could interfere with the virus/bacteria leaving and to stop giving him any medicine. To just "wait it out."I am so lost Reddit. I'm so lost I came here. I've scoured the internet and have found nothing. I do not know what to do anymore. Please help me. What should I do?! via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2zqjLZW

No comments:

Post a Comment