Tuesday 26 February 2019

Thanks r/parenting


I’ve been browsing these threads often to see how others deal with similar issues that come up with my son (5). A huge struggle of mine has been getting him to start falling asleep on his own. I’ve slowly moved him from my bed to his. We read, do his meditations, and I am usually there until he falls asleep. This obviously is not ideal when he doesn’t fall asleep in less than an hour.I want to get him used to falling asleep without me next to him because I’m deploying this November. I want to do everything I can to make his transition to staying with dad full time while I’m gone easier.I was reading through the threads and read about a technique others have had success with. Basically I do his usual routine, and then tell him I’ll check on him every minute until he’s asleep. We did it for the first time tonight. It took about 20 mins, and a few emotions on his part but it WORKED!He’s passed out in his bed now. He usually wakes up mid night and gets in my bed which is totally fine :) but I am so happy he fell asleep on his own tonight. I love this sub, it helps me so much. Thanks fellow parents 💕💕💕 via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2NuKFWx

No comments:

Post a Comment