Tuesday 26 February 2019

I'm pissed at the inlaws


I'm just going to jump right in.So my inlaws have about 100 or so chickens, they have an actual farm.Well, my daughter normally loves playing with the chickens and seeing the animals (She's 19 months). The mother on law thought it was perfectly fine to butcher a chicken in front of her as she stood there and watched.Yes, you read that right. 19 months old and the saw a chicken get it's throat cut and blood drained and the body thrashing in death throws.What the actual fuck. I cut my finger today and when she saw the blood she...fucking...lost it. A few days before this there was another injury and she didn't act like this so obviously that incident made an impression. Am I wrong here for being so pissed off? I don't want her anywhere near my child anymore because her meter for "age appropriate" is fuxked 19 ways from Sunday.Maybe I'm just venting, maybe I need someone else to tell me if I'm going a bit overboard or not. IDK what to make of it. I get the whole "circle of life, farm life facts" thing but...I feel as though this just shouldn't have happened. Where do I go from here? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2UbyOz8

No comments:

Post a Comment