Tuesday 26 February 2019

8 year old with Anxiety


8 yr old sister is smart, she’s a talented dancer, she’s funny and healthy. However, she gets so anxious sometimes that I can see a panic attack coming on. She had an issue with a teacher in December and it finally happened. Full blown panic attack, she couldn’t breathe or get outside of her head. She was screaming that she couldn’t hear my mom talking to her and screaming that she couldn’t breathe. My mom physically had to push her chest to get to breathe steady and hug her head right up to her mouth so she could focus on her voice. She’s now being evaluated for add and anxiety But my question is how do you help an anxious child? I (f22) take care of her Mon-Friday 7am-7pm so I’m her main care giver I suppose you’d call it? I just need advice on what to do next . via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2Vp62LQ

No comments:

Post a Comment