Wednesday 27 February 2019

Help. Our 14 yr old tends to trust too much and we just moved to a rough neighborhood. Need help with establishing rules.


Our son transferred schools mid freshman year. He is a little desperate for friends and tends to put too much of himself out there. He has some electronics he had saved up for and bought himself (switch,ps4,etc) He just informed me he’s meeting a kid from school down the street and taking his switch and going to this kids house. I don’t know the kid, address, etc. and I’m hesitant to let him go with his switch but he paid for it. The neighborhood we moved to has a higher crime rate than the small mountain town we moved from. Noted gang activity and I’m aware of human trafficking issues in the area. I trust my child and he’s not completely naive but I worry about him needing friends and being taken advantage of. What are some good guidelines we can follow that allow him to make friends and remain safe? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2UdWjYs

No comments:

Post a Comment