Monday 25 February 2019

Daycare drop off


My son is 2 and a half, we have been at his current daycare for 4 months. Prior to this he was in an at home daycare from the time he was a newborn until he was two then we moved states. He was breastfed for 7 months and has an extremely strong bond with me. He locks onto people that he spends time with as well. He loves his two teachers but they don’t get there until 7:30. Another teacher opens his room and due to my schedule he has to be dropped off earlier. For whatever reason he has not formed any type of affection towards the teacher who opens the room. Which results in an all out drag out screaming break down drop off. He gets destructive to himself by banging his head and kicking. I asked the pediatrician and he’s not concerned but I have literally done everything I can to try and make it smooth. I make sure he’s in bed at 7:30 we talk about going to “school” tomorrow. I also tell him when we get there that he shouldn’t act like that and he needs to be nice to his teacher. I feed him breakfast before we go because I get him up at 6:15. For a brief period his regular teacher opened the class and he had no issues. Now that it’s the other lady it’s like every day it gets worse. I’ve even tried having him walk in so I’m not holding him, that just results in him throwing himself down. I’m at my wits end, my heart breaks every day and it makes for a very hard morning. Any advice would be appreciated. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2TeuHFd

No comments:

Post a Comment