Monday 25 February 2019

5-year-old son being referred to occupational therapist for motor delays? I'm feeling panicked...


My son's teacher just called me letting me know that they want him to see an occupational therapist. She told me it was because of concerns with his writing, inability to jump like his peers of the same age and barreling through the classroom. He can ice skate fairly well and likes to play road hockey. He is a large boy, probably the age of an average 8-year old, but both his father and I are big people too. He speaks very well and picks up on speech very quickly and has a good memory. For example, he will learn stories from memory (so well it seems like he's reading it) and song lyrics as well. He seems to be doing well with reading and I've noticed an improvement in co-ordination since he's started school too.She didn't give me too much additional information other than what I mentioned above and to be honest it scares me. I don't know what this could mean for him. I'm scared he will be left out. He didn't go to a daycare with lots of other kids in his early life and this is his first ongoing interaction with children his age. Has anyone had this kind of thing come up during their child's first year of school? Did you feel worried too? Any tips on what to expect or how I can not let my mind blow it out of proportion? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2SqhCnN

No comments:

Post a Comment