Monday 25 February 2019

Right's to paternity leave?


Hello all, my wife is due in May and I actually just found out parental leave was a thing for fathers. Did light reading for the FMLA act, but what I'm most concerned about is my job.I work for a construction company, I'm in the office, but it seems the stigma still stands that father's aren't really necessary to stay home for long amounts of time. Most father's I know of in my workplace took 1-2 weeks paid or unpaid depending on how much PTO they had. I'm not too concerned with being paid if I take paternity leave, but I'm concerned I'd put stress on my job.There's only 3 counterparts to me right now, and 2 of them are still in training... They should be back by May, but I understand it will still be stressful if it was just them. Apart from that, I don't want my company to think that I'm just trying to take advantage of the system or try to put them in a tight spot.​Has anyone been in a similar situation to this? Any insight on how I should approach my boss? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2EvxyBw

No comments:

Post a Comment