Thursday 28 February 2019

I suggested hosting a (coed) after prom sleepover rather than the camping trip my son wanted. Inappropriate or lesser of two evils?


My 17 year old is a senior. Prom is in May but tickets already went on sale so we started talking about his prom plans. His close group of friends will be gathering at our house for pictures and then will drive over to another friends house to take more pictures. The large group will head to prom together.My son was planning on the smaller group (7 total kids, 4 boys and 3 girls including my son) going camping after prom because they all want to close out the night together. I suggested that they could stay the night here. We'd leave them alone and they could use the pool and have a bonfire. My son agreed that sounded like a better plan because graduation is the day after and they need to be at the school for morning rehersal. Additionally, one of the girls isn't into camping and one of the boys is having trouble convincing his mom to go because he has a medical condition and his mom is worried about what will happen if he needs medical attention over night and they can't get an ambulance to the campgrounds fast enough.I figured having them all here would be nice but my husband is concerned that it's inappropriate. The whole group is very wholesome. College acceptances are rolling in like crazy and all are good students with good heads on their shoulders. They have been friends since elementary school (one joined the group in middle school). The girls have never slept over but they spend a lot of time over our house into the late night. Last weekend they were here until 3am playing twister and drinking soda. They don't drink alcohol and don't smoke so I'm not worried about any of that going on. Two in the group are dating but both of their parents were on board when I mentioned it at my son's track meet. We didn't get to talk about it extensively but they thought it sounded fine. I haven't spoken to any of the other parents yet about it. I was going to but now I'm worried that it's inappropriate to even bring up.Thoughts? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2HaEy8H

No comments:

Post a Comment