Monday 28 November 2016

Serious question for those who receive child support


So I was wondering if there was anyone out there who thinks that they might have been better off not going for child support. I am currently pregnant, and about to be another typical single mother stereotype. Ha. He wants absolutely nothing to do with our child. He is kind of a narcissist. Anyway I came from a fatherless home and my mother never went for child support or tried to contact him after he decided to leave. I think about how much having extra income could benefit my daughters life, but I am also concerned with how it might effect her in the future if he decides to be apart of her life. I have had a good relationship with my own father the past 5 years that he has come into my life. But is that maybe a possibility because there is no financial resentment? I am just trying to weigh the pros and cons of this scenario. So I guess basically I am asking if there is anyone out there who, due to the outcome, might wish that they wouldn't have gone for child support and just let the other parent leave.Thank you!And if anyone knows of a better subreddit to post this too, please let me know!! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2gBU259

No comments:

Post a Comment