Monday 28 November 2016

My 13 year is in a mental hospital


I'm at a loss for words right now, yet I still really want advice. She got there by threatening to kill her self then running away barefoot when I told her I was calling 911. She is now in a great mental health facility (from what I can tell) and I just dropped her stuff off. She'll be gone at least a week, maybe more. She used her one phone call on her boyfriend (I know, but he really is a good kid and they are never left unsupervised ) and he let me know she is fine but mad at me due to the fact that I handled her outburst 'wrong'. We have our first family counseling session (daughter and I) in a few days. It will be the first time I talk to her in days. I'm scared, sad, worried and still upset that she ran off.What do I say? How can I make her stay there the most beneficial? What resources are available to a single mom who wants to take some sort of class on raising teenagers? Any advice, thoughts and even criticism is welcome and appreciated. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2fvVTMR

No comments:

Post a Comment