Saturday 26 November 2016

How Important Is Extended Family?


Hi.A few weeks ago my younger brother (29M) punched me (32F) in the face resulting in 2 knocked out teeth and a dislocated jaw. I couldn't take painkillers because I am still breastfeeding my 3 month old.I wrote about this on /r/advice for the longer story but long story short my family has said of i press charges on my brother I am no longer welcome to family events.What I wanted to know is:How important is it for you for your child to grow up with cousins? We do weekly dinners and my toddler son loves them. He looks forward to them so much. I grew up initially with many cousins on my mother's side but after a family fall out we stopped going over when I was about 8. The rest of my cousins are close except my siblings and I always said I didn't want that for my own children.Do I accept that in order my son to grow up with family bonds I need to suck it up and acquiesce to family demands? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2gt8Rad

No comments:

Post a Comment