Sunday 27 November 2016

Do I push him to 'man up'?


Trying to sum this up; I have an 11 month old daughter whose father refuses to meet her. I have raised her purely alone (single, no family help) and with court ordered support that is 1/10th of his monthly income.Meanwhile he is a soon to be divorced college professor. We had a 15 month affair/relationship where he claimed wanting to leave his wife. I got pregnant 6 months in. His wife found out when the baby was 3 months after he stopped coming over and I filed for child support. She ended up leaving him 3 months later and their divorce will be finalized next month.He has never reached out to ask our almost 1 year old- never pictures, nothing. Child support checks come automatically from the bank like she was a utility bill.Do I send him emails? Photos? At some point she's going to be conscious that she doesn't have a Dad. I don't plan to date nor give her a stepdad, she has a biological dad he just refuses to be involved.I don't know what to do. It's not about me or him anymore, it's about this person we created. And every day it is more apparent that she won't stay a baby. I need advice. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2foQBmh

No comments:

Post a Comment