Tuesday 29 November 2016

Family or Daycare?


My mother in law watched my now 4 year old from Infancy through when he was 3. She didn't do anything unsafe or dangerous, but never listened to a word we said regarding schedule, deliberately made him not nap, put him in front of the tv for hours, gave him all kinds of junk food and generally didn't understand the difference between being a caretaker and a grandma. By the time she was done, he had behavioral issues, needed dental work and was overweight. We were able to fix those things when I went on maternity leave with my second.We now have an 8 month old infant, and are debating putting the baby in daycare 2 days a week to avoid my MIL watching him. My husband and I are torn as to whether or not were overreacting.Would you prefer a well run daycare or a family member who does a mediocre job? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2gTQzTD

No comments:

Post a Comment