Sunday 27 November 2016

Kawasaki Disease X-Post


Well it's been a long week. What we thought was just going to be an ear infection now turned into a now 5 day stay at the children's hospital. My 7 mo old has been healthy. I had a healthy pregnancy, no complications and now I am staring at my son hooked to an IV in a crib. My heart is in shambles. It all happened so fast. I'm just so grateful that this team of doctors put their finger on it fast. Turns out it is Kawasaki disease. Super fucking rare. Not preventable, not genetic (so they say) and won't affect him later in life apparently. My son started with a fever, pedi diagnosed him with ear infection. Next day swollen lymph nodes. By the afternoon he was covered in a raging rash. Fever continued. By morning pedi saw him and said it was HFM and sent us to the ER for lymph node. CTd the lymph node, all clear. Discharged us the next morning and said fever would still be present because of HFM. Followed up the next morning with the pedi and she sent us back to the ER (diff hospital this time) because his hands were still swollen and when the doctor walked in she didn't even take a good look at him and said "That is NOT HFM" admitted us and confirmed this afternoon it was KD. IVIG has been administered but how fucking scary. Scary scary scary. I thought I was a hypochondriac before... it's been a very long week sigh via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2gjRwkM

No comments:

Post a Comment