Monday 28 November 2016

5 year old inspires me


My daughter astounds me. As we were walking to school, we heard very faint kitten sounds. I thought they were coming from a back yard but she insisted we stop so I can make sure. Halfheartedly, I went and dug through the bushes. The meows got louder and I knew I was wrong. I called her over where she gave me the "I told you so" look and helped me free the little thing.It's neck was twisted in some branches and what looked like vines. It was stuck in a very odd and obviously painful way. She sat down beside me and held its butt up so I could work away the branches without hurting it.Once it was free, she took off her hat and said "kitty needs it more than I do. It will keep her warm." This is the hat that my friend made special for her birthday, that she wears everywhere and hardly lets anyone touch.I finished walking her to school and she asked if she could miss school to help take care of the kitten. Obviously, I said no. But I told her she would see it again after school.The kitten is now safe, warm, and fed. She is at the shelter we volunteer for where she will be medicated for a sinus infection and fixed, and will eventually be available for adoption.I love my daughter. Every day, she makes me want to be a better person. She is what I am most thankful for. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2gpIR0i

No comments:

Post a Comment