Wednesday 30 November 2016

Just got pregnant, but the baby's mom doesn't want to he together


My ex-girlfriend got pregnant and we are keeping the baby. Bad news is that she told me she doesn't want to stay together with me.My personal value on this is that it's better to stay together for the kid. Whatever problem she has with me, I'm willing to work it out with her so that staying for her isn't torture.I believe her religious belief tells her that we should be together, but she probably decided to not die on the inside; separation would be best.Before I get a series of response telling me that it's fine to be separated and raise the kid. I understand your point, however I don't think that works best for the kid. In the early years I worry that because 1 of us will only see the kid when we visit, those limit hours could never help a kid bond with the parent who's always coming and going.I've been imagining myself seeing the kid about 6 hours a week at the mom's place and that doesn't seem enough for the kid to know I'm the dad. It gets worse if she starts dating and her boyfriend is always around helping her while the kid is young. Will he assume this guy is their father even though mommy tells them I'm their father?I think that for the kid's best interest, both parents should be in their lives at all times. Any advice on how to convince her on this? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2fQAnRt

No comments:

Post a Comment