Sunday 27 November 2016

Greedy little gremlin.


I dread Christmas time, I always have, even before my son came along. I have just never liked it. No real reason I can think of. I kind of thought that I would enjoy it more with having a child. I try to get into the spirit, we decorate the tree and the house and visit everyone. I try my best to tell him how Christmas is about more than presents, that it's about being with your family. However, now that he is 4 and he's actually into things and can tell us what he wants,my goodness fucking gracious he has become the greediest little butt hole ever. At first, it was "I want more of this, and some more things to go with this". Now he's saying "I want that!" To freaking laundry detergent commercials. No joke, he even got excited and said I want that! To a God damn Hillary Clinton campaign ad. Everytime he says I want that to a commercial I ask him, Okay what was it, and about 90% of the time he just says, oh I don't know. And we can barely even go to the store without a fit because he feels like he should get something. We tell him he needs to wait for Christmas so he can see what Santa brought him but try to remind him that Santa can not bring him everything he asks for. It's making me feel like no matter what he gets on Christmas, he's going to only focus on what he didn't get and I'm just not sure what to do but it's making me dread Christmas even more than usual. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2gvf09e

No comments:

Post a Comment