Tuesday 29 November 2016

How do other single fathers manage to do it?


My wife recently left me, we are on speaking terms but 95% of the time I am not working I have the kids (5 & 6). I work 10-12hrs a day with a 1hr commute. I did almost everything before she left anyways, which is part of this seperation but I am having a hard time. Get into town, get something easy for groceries.....Pickup from babysitter or daycare...Give kids baths/showers, take dogs out.. Throw laundy in, put away/in dishes....Make dinner... It goes on but basically by the time I get everything done I need to get to bed to get my 6hrs of sleep in and do it all again. I am a bit of an introvert so no possibility for friends doesnt bother me....However thinking it about it today, I realized that I dont even have time to spend any time with my kids. They realize now the seperation is real and one night me and my son had a cry together about it. Seperation/divorce is hard enough for kids but to not have any real time together with either parent is going to make things worse. I just dont know what to do. How do other fathers manage? I considered leaving my job for something with less hours but then we would be struggling money wise and I don't want them to grow up dirt poor like I had to do. Sorry had to vent a bit but basically looking for advice via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2gHchaK

No comments:

Post a Comment