Monday 28 November 2016

My 14 month old is a complete asshole and I don't know how to punish him.


My oldest son is 7 and I spanked him when he was a toddler. He listened very well and was a sweet child. I was a lot younger then so my parenting views have changed. I don't want to spank my 14 month old because I noticed when I stopped spanking my oldest son (around 2), everything was a lot calmer and I didn't have any guilty feelings after punishing him.Now, my 14 month old is so horrible to me that I dread everytime he sits in my lap. Hes busted my lip several times, bites me so hard that he draws blood, claws chunks out of my face, pulls my hair out.. Literally beats the shit out of me 24/7. When my son was his age and he would hurt me, I would yell loudly "OW", show sad emotions and then rub his hand on my cheek saying "soft". It worked great. But not with this child. He just starts beating me up harder.He doesn't listen at all when I tell him no. He does whatever he wants anyways and Im constantly grabbing and redirecting him. When I tell him no, I use my deep man voice and put on my stern face but he stops, stares into my eyes and starts laughing. All I can do now is place him on the floor tell him "No" and walk away, to avoid any backlash.Parents, what am I doing wrong here? Hes very attached to me, we spend our days cuddling and he rarely leaves my side. He can be so sweet but it seems all of his aggression stems from frustration. I've wondered if maybe he is so aggressive because he is very smart, has a vocabulary understanding of about 50 words but no speech. He hasn't even been able to repeat sounds yet and I wonder if that causes most of his frustration.My husband thinks its time to start spanking him for hurting me or not listening but I know I'm just not teaching him properly. Thanks in advance for any advice. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2gAEgYc

No comments:

Post a Comment