Monday 28 November 2016

Gearing up for Court (VA)


I've had custody of my kids for about six years. Their mother and I recently went to court because she didn't think an internship during my son's senior year was worth missing his summer visitation.My son is about to graduate so the court date for adjustments to the parenting plan really only affect my younger daughter.I have a lawyer. I hired him last May and he'll be in court for February's hearing.What should I be bringing into court with me?Do I need to show every horrible email or text message she's sent me?Should I be concerned about her doing the same?My head is swimming right now and it's tough to keep a game face.I know she'll be pulling no punches because she wants custody back. Regardless of how unlikely it is.Anyone gone through something like this? I'll be speaking with my lawyer in the next couple of weeks since the discovery period is coming up.I guess I'm just looking for some peace of mind.Thanks, all. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2fKK83H

No comments:

Post a Comment