Monday 28 November 2016

My 21 month old hates her dad, but only when I'm around. Advice?


Hi, parents! Need some advice regarding my 21 month old daughter. For the past several months, she hates her dad whenever I'm in the same place...so anytime we're home, at the grandparents, at a store, whatever. If he tries to pick her up or play with her, she yells "no!" and kicks him away. She will hug him or play with him if I do it first, but never on her own. If I leave the room to pee or do laundry or anything, she realizes I'm gone after about 15 seconds and follows me crying.If I'm not home, she is perfectly fine with him. I work full time and get to work around 630am, so he handles wakeups, getting her ready, and taking her to daycare before he starts work. I also have a lot of evening events for work, and I've left for a couple of weekend trips and she is wonderful, they have tons of fun, she's all smiles, she goes to bed no problem, he picks her up no problem, she eats great, etc etc. If he picks her up from daycare, I hear them walk into the house and she's giggling and happy, and then she sees me and instantly starts whining to be held, and it turns into full blown sobs if I dont take her.This started about 4 months ago and we kept saying "its just a phase." Well, its getting a little out of control, and I'm 16 weeks pregnant now and exhausted. A lot of people say "oh, she knows youre pregnant and is getting jealous" but I dont think thats the case.Any tips? Anyone gone through something similar? All I can think about is this going on for another 6 months and being in newborn hell with my toddler screaming for me all the time. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2gnGURH

No comments:

Post a Comment