Sunday 27 November 2016

MIL and her problem with my clothing choices? Advice please.


I am a new mom to a six month baby girl. I have so much clothes from baby showers that this is the process I go by: to avoid wearing the same clothes all the time and utilizing all the clothes I do a rotation. After I do a weeks worth of her clothes in laundry I store them away in her closet folded. Ready to be back on a hanger when it's looking empty. Until then I keep this up until all clothes that fit her are clean and all worn at least once. When it happens I put them all back onto hangers and repeat until they no longer fit.I hope that makes sense. I can go detail it more if needed to understand better.Anyways, towards the final outfits she has left before i restock her closet with the folded clothes they're like...plain. Like the kind of clothes you use when they blow through a diaper and get it onto their outfit so you put the back up outfit on. It's not ugly by no means but it isn't cute either lol. Like a long sleeve white shirt with polka dots and basic Walmart pants you could buy for like two dollars. It's not horrible, just plain.She went through one week of outfits like this. I don't get assistance by the state, I don't use WIC, nothing. All done by myself and my fiancé. We don't feel right to not take advantage of every last thing we've received. Now, my soon to be MIL KEEPS nagging at me and her entire family about how I don't keep her cute. She told me I'm "taking her potential away" by not keeping her cute. Her sister mentioned how she looked amazing for thanksgiving and said she looked like a new person. That was clearly a window opportunity for my MIL to go into that subject. I was harassed about it for about a half hour and with others.How in the world am I supposed to shut down their horrible superficiality without feeling rude? I tried to explain that process but they're so narrow minded about things like that they didn't hear me out and ignored what I said. Then they go back into this idea of theirs that I'm not being a good mom for letting her look the way she has been lately. Keep in mind this was for a week and it's been about 3 weeks. They won't let it go.I even said okay so my baby needs to look cute to impress people now? She's just a baby. She doesn't even look bad.This is her first grandchild so maybe she can't find anything wrong with me so this is all she's got. And she also never listens to me about co sleeping and playfully bragged in a subtle way that she does it. 🙄 she also over feeds my baby, and acts like it is hers. It's kind of possessive and creepy.I didn't mean to begin rambling, sorry! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2gLKOaN

No comments:

Post a Comment